2nd Annual Mad River Valley Memory Tree 2019
The Mad River Valley Memory Tree stands as a bright and beautiful symbol of those we remember, honor, and celebrate this holiday season — and always.
New this year, the Lighting of The Memory Tree, will kick off the Season-Long event of Country Christmas. The Memory Tree is a central part of the holiday celebration of community and camaraderie in this special place in Vermont.
Here’s how it works:
- Members of the community are encouraged to dedicate a light(s) in memory of, in honor of, and/or in celebration of a loved one or event, or anything close to your heart.
- Light dedications are $5 per light, in the form of a donation to the 2019 Sugarbush charity of choice —Mad River Valley Ambulance Service.
- All donations will be matched by the Winthrop H. Smith Jr. Family Foundation. So your $5 donation turns into $10 for MRVAS!
- To dedicate light(s), please:
1. download this form (.pdf, .doc), fill it out, and return it to the Mad River Valley Chamber of Commerce, with your cash or check (written to MRVAS): by mail at PO Box 173, Waitsfield VT 05673, or in person at the MRV Visitor Center, 4403 Main Street at Bridge Street, Waitsfield.
- Please make your dedication and donations by Friday, November 15th.
- Questions should be directed to Ginger Berkelhamer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 802-496-3460.
Then, JOIN US for
The Second Annual
MAD RIVER VALLEY MEMORY TREE LIGHTING CEREMONY
all are welcome
Tuesday, November 19th
Mad River Valley Memory Tree
located next to TD Bank, 5070 Main Street, Waitsfield
At the ceremony, the tree will light up the Valley, sentiments of memory, honor and celebration will be shared, and all light dedications will be read. Following the ceremony, head to Lawson’s Finest Liquids Taproom to continue the party!
The Mad River Valley Memory Tree is sponsored by the Winthrop H. Smith Jr. Family Foundation.