Celebrate Valentine’s Day the MRV Way
Love is clearly in the air here in the Mad River Valley. If you are scrambling for a way to express your love to your partner this year the MRV has so many great options to consider and it’s another great opportunity to “Buy Local”! The gift of a local “experience”, a special meal at one of our amazing restaurants or a one-of-a-kind gift from a MRV retailer. Here are just a few suggestions to consider:
Valentine’s Day wouldn’t be complete without flowers. Vee’s Flower & Garden Shop can create the perfect bouquet for your sweetie or pop into the Mad River Taste Place and grab beautiful locally grown tulips from Von Trapp Greenhouse.
A romantic dinner out at one of our amazing eateries is the classic way to celebrate Valentine’s Day. Check out what the restaurants of the Mad River Valley have planned for the big night.
Looking for a really unique dining experience? What could be more romantic than a special date for a Farmhouse Valentines Day Dinner at The Round Barn Farm. They don’t normally serve dinner except for events so this is a rare treat to visit one of the MRV’s iconic establishments.
Valentine’s can be a busy restaurant night so why not consider impressing your darling with a home-cooked meal. Fabulous fish can be had at Sugar Fish and Suzi and Bob would be happy to share some of their favorite recipes. The Mad River Taste Place is THE place to get (and taste) all the best local foods from many of our local makers. The Warren Store and Paradise Provisions have lots of great prepared meals and sides to make your special day complete.
- Glassblowing class at Salt and Sand Studios.
- Glider ride gift certificates from Sugarbush Soaring can be life changing experience!
- Membership to the Bridges Fitness Center or the Sugarbush Health & Racquet Club.
- Take a guided snowshoe adventure at Mad River Glen.
- Relaxing Massage at Mad River Massage.
- Classes at Zoe’s Pilates
- Skatium Season Pass for the skater in your life.
- Cooking class at The Store.
- Dog sled trail ride with October Siberian
- Trail ride from Vermont Icelandic Horse Farm is an amazing way to see the MRV.
- Classes at the Yestermorrow Design & Build School.
- Facial or other treatment at Complexions would be an incredibly thoughtful gift.
- 10 pack of classes at Mountain Rose Yoga is an impactful gift.
- Romantic weekend away at one of the MRV’s fabulous Lodging Properties.
- Membership at Blockhouse Studio, the Valley’s community clay studio.
- Subscription to the Valley Reporter.
- Gift certificate to one of the MRV’s fine eateries would warm the heart of anyone.
- Ski or Snowboard lessons at Mad River Glen or Sugarbush.
- Cross Country ski pass to Blueberry Lake or Ole’s.
- A weaving, spinning or felting workshop at the Mad River Fiber Mill.
- A year-long subscription to all the productions at The Valley Players
- Nothing says love more than protecting your home and auto with insurance from Jamieson’s Insurance or Paige & Campbell Insurance. 🙂
Local Gift Ideas
- 4orty Bridge offers a carefully curated collection of sophisticated and fun casual wear for the woman in your life.
- Outdoor gear for all season at Clearwater Sports.
- Skis, boots, stylish apparel, toasty gloves, ski accessories, foot beds and more are available at Alpine Options.
The Collection has lots of jewelry, games, housewares, clothing and much more.
- Tools from Bisbees Hardware are always appreciated by the handy folks in your life.
- Lots of great gift ideas Upstairs at The Warren Store.
- Unique folk-art at Troy Kingsbury Lamp Loft at the Village Grocery. Yup you can buy art, grab lunch and get your gas all in the same place!
- Hand-painted gift of your pet created by Gaelic at All Things Bright and Beautiful.
- Green Closet Gift Certificates are perfect if you just don’t know what she’ll like.
- Curated Vermont gift baskets from the Mad River Taste Place.
- The Silver Trout has lots of great ideas for the fly fisherman in your life. Did you know they have men’s consignment clothing and Mad River Soaps and Candles too?
- Product Think Tank has lots of great locally designed clothing for both men and women.
- Hand-blown and sculptural glass at Mad River Glass.
- Custom embroidery from Whippletree Designs
- Beautiful artwork from Art in the Village.
- The Store has lots of kitchen gadgets, specialty food, cook books, antiques and much more to choose from.
- Mad River Massage has new Jennifer Kahn Jewelry, Laughing Moon Chocolates, and other cute loving gifts for this Valentine’s Day!
- Gorgeous clothes for women and kids along with unique gifts and housewares at Pear & Warren.
- A beautiful piece of artwork from Moosewalk Studios.