Celebrate Valentine’s Day the MRV Way
Love is clearly in the air here in the Mad River Valley. If you are scrambling for a way to express your love to your partner this year the MRV has so many great options to consider and it’s another great opportunity to “Buy Local”and support our local business community! The gift of a local “experience”, a special meal at one of our amazing restaurants or a one-of-a-kind gift from a MRV retailer. Here are just a few suggestions to consider:
Valentine’s Day wouldn’t be complete without flowers. Vee’s Flower & Garden Shop can create the perfect bouquet for your sweetie. Order flowers by Thursday the 11th and you’ll also get a free single rose for your sweetheartor. You can also pop into the Mad River Taste Place and grab beautiful locally grown tulips from Von Trapp Greenhouse.
A romantic dinner out (or take-out in) at one of our amazing eateries is the classic way to celebrate Valentine’s Day. Check out what the restaurants of the Mad River Valley have planned for the big night.
Looking for a really unique dining experience? What could be more romantic than a special take-out Sunday Supper from the folks at The Inn at the Round Barn Farm.
Valentine’s can be a busy restaurant night so why not consider impressing your darling with a home-cooked meal. Fabulous fish can be had at Sugar Fish and Suzi and Bob would be happy to share some of their favorite recipes. The Mad River Taste Place is THE place to get (and taste) all the best local foods from many of our local makers. The Warren Store and Paradise Provisions have lots of great prepared meals and sides to make your special day complete.
- Glassblowing class at Salt and Sand Studios.
- Glider ride gift certificates from Sugarbush Soaring can be life changing experience!
- Take a guided snowshoe adventure at Mad River Glen.
- Give a gift certificate for a relaxing massage at Mad River Massage.
- Classes at Zoe’s Pilates
- Dog sled trail ride with October Siberian
- Trail ride from Vermont Icelandic Horse Farm is an amazing way to see the MRV.
- Classes at the Yestermorrow Design & Build School.
- Facial or other treatment at Complexions would be an incredibly thoughtful gift. Valentine’s Special: Share some Wine, a lot of Love & many Kiss’s this year and throw in some hugs (and only $16.00!) – You get 3 Lip tints, one each of “Wine-Love-Kiss” – Celebrate the small stuff, just be and be kind.
- Mountain Rose Yoga is hosting a special Valentine’s Market on February 6th in their retail shop featuring goods from local makers ! Or how about a 10 pack of classes? What an incredibly impactful gift that would be.
- Romantic getaway at one of the MRV’s fabulous Lodging Properties.
- Membership at Blockhouse Studio, the Valley’s community clay studio.
- Subscription to the Valley Reporter.
- Gift certificate to one of the MRV’s fine eateries would warm the heart of anyone.
- Ski or Snowboard lessons at Mad River Glen or Sugarbush.
- Cross Country ski pass to Blueberry Lake or Ole’s.
- A weaving, spinning or felting workshop at the Mad River Fiber Mill.
- A year-long subscription to all the productions at The Valley Players
- Nothing says love more than properly protecting your family’s home and auto with insurance from Jamieson’s Insurance or Paige & Campbell Insurance. 🙂
Local Gift Ideas
- Artisan’s Gallery has lots of ideas for your sweetie such as; candles, cards and blown glass hearts along with cards, pillows, socks, special Valentine chocolates.
- 4orty Bridge offers a carefully curated collection of sophisticated and fun casual wear for the woman in your life.
- Outdoor gear for all season at Clearwater Sports.
- Mad River Taste Place is offering a Valentine’s packages to make you swoon. An indulgent treat for two, these cheeseboards-in-a-box include a hand-picked selection of three Vermont cheeses, cured salami from Babette’s Table, accompanying spread and crackers, and Burke Mountain Confectionery red velvet truffles for a sweet treat. Each package also includes a hand-illustrated lovegram by Mountain Witch Designs to scribe your personal love note.
- Skis, boots, stylish apparel, toasty gloves, ski accessories, foot beds and more are available at Alpine Options.
- The Collection sees Valentine’s Day being more of a family celebration this year and there are gift ideas for everyone from jewelry and games to housewares and clothing. They also have tons of Valentines balloons and tabletop balloon bouquets too.
- Tools from Bisbees Hardware are always appreciated by the handy folks in your life.
- Lots of great gift ideas Upstairs at The Warren Store.
- Unique folk-art at Troy Kingsbury Lamp Loft at the Village Grocery. Yup you can buy art, grab lunch and get your gas all in the same place!
- Hand-painted gift of your pet created by Gaelic at All Things Bright and Beautiful.
- Green Closet Gift Certificates are perfect if you just don’t know what she’ll like.
- Curated Vermont gift baskets from the Mad River Taste Place.
- The Silver Trout has lots of great ideas for the fly fisherman in your life. Did you know they have men’s consignment clothing and Mad River Soaps and Candles too?
- Product Think Tank has lots of great locally designed clothing for both men and women.
Consumers ordering Valentine’s goodies from The Taste Place get a “gift with purchase”, an Organic Cotton wired mask . These amazing locally produce masks ($20 retail value) are designed to go over an N95 so it’s easy (and stylish) to to double .
- Hand-blown and sculptural glass at Mad River Glass.
- Custom embroidery from Whippletree Designs. .Anyone who likes the Whippletree Designs Facebook or starts following on Instagram – Heidi will take contact information and one lucky winner will receive a $25 Gift Certificate – to use immediately (for their Valentine) or as a gift certificate.
- Beautiful artwork from Art in the Village.
- Amazing original paintings or fine art photography from Moosewalk Studios.