MRV Chamber Work Plan 2021
Create and execute an integrated, year-round marketing plan, to: increase visibility of the Mad River Valley in the destination marketplace; attract new visitors; and keep repeat visitors engaged.
Be the champions of the Mad River Valley brand, to: develop and foster a recognizable brand image for the Mad River Valley; proliferate and manage its use by Valley businesses, towns, and organizations.
Create an engaged community culture of aligned goals, shared responsibility, and unified efforts among organizations, to: demonstrate and inspire a Mad River Valley ethos of optimism and enthusiasm.
- Email Updates for Visitors
- Email Update for Members
- Weekly Lodging Meetings
- Periodic Sector Meetings
- Business Education Seminars
- Community Conversation
- Mad Mingles
Marketing – Core Marketing Focus
Website Content – Updating content and navigation.
- Things To Do – Experiences overhaul and ability to offer “Buy Now” on the website. Designed to provide; better, more usable content for visitors, improved SEO, tangible member benefit, increased membership.
- Focus on the MRV’s “neighborhoods” as a theme it’s clear that many people don’t know about all the “ ’hoods” around the Valley.
- Reinvigorate Relocation Page appreciating the renewed interest in moving to the MRV.
- Institute a Chamber “Welcome Wagon” perhaps in coordination with realtors.
- Develop Coordinated Co-op Advertising Program
- Continued collaboration with neighboring communities of Stowe and Waterbury as part of the “Best of Route 100” initiative to promote our stretch of Route 100 as a destination. Initially cross linking web content and public relations effort. This may open up some grant opportunities for cooperative marketing
- Develop avenues for cross sector promotions, e.g. between restaurants and retail.
- Continue to re-imagine and improve the Visitor’s Center guest experience.
- Improve staffing and training of volunteers.
Finance & Management
- Improved financial reporting with emphasis on cash flow.
Monthly reporting to board
- Fulfill membership level requirements
- A particular focus will be on bringing in new members in emerging sectors and ones that have typically been underrepresented,
- Lead the effort to secure a comprehensive VOREC Grant for the MRV. This project will include a predestrian bridge over the Mill Brook linking the Dana Hill trail system with the downtown and the Mad River Path. It will also o include a new Trail Hub – Visitor’s Center, new public parking and public rest room facilities.
- Further refinement of the stewardMRV initiative and development of a long-term sustainability plan for this vital project.
- Develop 24/7/365 virtual volunteer presence at the Visior’s Center.