Chamber to Offer Blue Cross/Blue Shield
The Mad River Valley Chamber of Commerce is hosting a health insurance informational meeting on Thursday, October 27 at the Valley Players Theater in Waitsfield. There will be two identical sessions, with one at 8:30am and one at 3:30pm.
- Current policy holders will not need to do anything for the transition unless there are changes one wishes to make in plan choices.
- HSAs will still be supported.
- 18 month waiting period for those who have dropped VACE/CIGNA in the last year is waived.
- NO RATE INCREASE next year from the current CIGNA rate (assuming the rate proposed is approved by the Banking/Insurance Commission)
- Rate increase cap of <10% for 2013 policy year (again, assuming approval from Banking/Insurance Commission)
Both sessions should be about an hour and will cover key points in Blue Cross/Blue Shield coverage as well as Delta Dental insurance information. The chamber will begin offering BC/BS on January 1, 2012, replacing CIGNA. Those currently enrolled in CIGNA and those contemplating health insurance through the chamber should plan to attend. The information sessions will be led by Eilers Financial of Waitsfield. Refreshments will be served at both sessions. An RSVP is appreciated by calling 496-3409 or EMAIL: Chamber@MadRiverValley.com