- This event has passed.
March 15, 2020 @ 12:00 am
Event has been cancelled. Refunds will be sent out shortly.
Expert skiers and riders ages 15+ are invited to charge the cliffs and drops of Sugarbush’s toughest terrain at the 23rd Annual Castlerock Extreme competition!
Castlerock Extreme is a signature Sugarbush event and the ultimate challenge for skilled freeride skiers here. Come test your freeride skills on some of the most challenging and technical terrain that we offer and see if you can take home the gold.
Awards are given to those who take the best lines down the Castlerock Lift Line.
Thousands of dollars in prizes are up for grabs!
Lift ticket or season pass required for lift access.
$45 for pass holders
$90 for non pass holders (includes discounted lift ticket)
- Event sign-in and bib pick-up will be in the Castlerock Pub, Lincoln Peak, from 7:30 AM – 9 AM. There is no day of registration.
- Each competitor is required to sign a waiver. They will be available at registration day of, but to save yourself time please complete prior to and hand them in to the registration table. Anyone under the age of 18 must have a parent or legal guardian present to sign the waiver.
- Competitors are allowed one inspection run. Taking multiple inspection runs will result in disqualification.
- Mandatory competitor’s meeting will be held on the patio in front of The Gables Warming Hut at the top of Castlerock at 10:30 AM.
- The competition will begin at 11:00 AM. Each competitor will be assigned a start time/ order that will be found in your registration packet. If you miss your time, your run will not be guaranteed.
- There will be no line cutting for competitors. Please plan your practice and warm-up runs accordingly.
- Awards will be at 3:00 PM in the Lincoln Peak Courtyard.
- Ski hard and ski your best, but ski IN CONTROL. Know your ability and know the code. Helmets are mandatory for participants.
In the event that the competition is interrupted during the day, updated event information will be available in Sugarbush’s snow report through our app, the web or call 802-583-6590. You can also visit the Lincoln Peak Guest Services in the lower lever of the Gatehouse Lodge to find out the latest event information.