- This event has passed.
Fresh Hops Festival
October 10, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Join us for Vermont’s first Fresh Hops Festival as we bring ten of Vermont’s most innovative breweries together to feature the special flavors of fresh hopped beer.
Only 300 tickets will be available. Guests will receive a pour card for fifteen 5 oz. pours and a commemorative Fresh Hops Festival logoed glass. Non-drinkers and designated drivers are welcome to join, and do not need a ticket. Please leave pets at home.
Live music in the Lincoln Peak Courtyard by The Vermont Bluegrass Pioneers.
What is a fresh hop beer?
Fresh hop beer is only brewed during the early autumn harvesting season due to a very short shelf life, usually less than 24-36 hours. Beers brewed with fresh hops tend to have a distinctively “green” flavor profile, without the classic bitterness that hoppy beers like IPA’s often have.
Most beer on the market, and likely the beer that’s in your fridge, is produced using hops that are dried just hours after harvesting, keeping the harvested hops fresh for up to 3 years. These dried hops impart a different flavor profile into the finished beer, as well as a varied alcohol content, than beer brewed using fresh picked hops.
Featured Vermont Brewers include:
Lawson’s Finest Liquids – Waitsfield, VT – featuring their Pilot Batch Pale Ale, wet hopped with Crystal Hops.
Collaborative Brewing – Waitsfield, VT
Weird Window Brewing – South Burlington, VT
Lucy & Howe Brewing Company – Jericho, VT
Kraemer & Kin – North Hero, VT
14th Star Brewing Co. – St. Albans City, VT
Black Flannel Brewing Company – Essex Junction, VT
Whirligig Brewing – St. Johnsbury, VT
Fiddlehead Brewing Company – Shelburne, VT
Eden Specialty Ciders – Newport, VT
Featured Hops Farms include:
Wicked Bines Farm – Berlin, VT
Champlain Valley Hops – Starksboro, VT
There are no hard tickets for FHF. Check in will be at the top of the stairs at the entrance to the Lincoln Peak Courtyard.
- All attendees must be 21+ and provide a valid photo ID. No exceptions.
- Please leave your pets at home.
- All attendees must be properly attired. No shirt, no footwear, no service.
- No outside glassware or outside food permitted.
- No alcohol is permitted outside the event.
- We reserve the right to remove any individual(s) without refund from the festival for behaving inappropriately. Once escorted out by security, individual(s) will not be allowed back in the festival.
- Drink responsibly. Know your limits and don’t drink and drive!
- Tickets are non-refundable after September 30, 2021
Please contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone at (802) 583-6590 with questions or cancellation requests.
Keep the good vibes going by joining us for dinner at Rumble’s Bistro and Bar. Reservations strongly recommended. Call (802) 583-6800.