- This event has passed.
Glass Blowing Camp: Kids Make Glass Objects in Teams
August 12 @ 9:00 am - August 16 @ 12:00 pm$450.00
Learn the principles of glass blowing all the way through to finishing complex pieces.
This week-long camp (5 half-days) starts with safety and ends with students creating their own finished pieces.
Students will explore:
- Properties of hot and cold glass
- Tools usage for glass blowing (a wet newspaper? a common kitchen knife? yes!)
- How glass moves
- The art of gathering
- The science of blowing glass (and how color works)
- What it means to “gaffer”
- The power of gravity
- How to work in teams to create blown pieces
You’ll take home one or more pieces made by your hands!
- No experience required.
- Ages 12 and older.
- Maximum 3 Students.
- 3-hour class from 9am to noon each day.
As of July 3, space is still available.
*** SPECIAL OFFER***
Up to $75 off camp tuition!
- Get $50 off for enrolling a student in our morning glass blowing and afternoon flameworking classes in the same week for a full day of glass working!
- Recommend a friend who registers and both you and the friend get $25 off!
Contact Salt & Sand for discount details: firstname.lastname@example.org, (802)583-2559
About the instructor: Spencer Kirk-Jackson has been blowing glass for over a decade and teaching for nearly the same. His glass working skill and talent for art, problem solving, and guiding others to learn and do are an uncommon combination. He takes safety very seriously while also having a fantastic sense of humor.