- This event has passed.
Glass Flameworking Camp: Kids Make Glass Beads, Small Sculptures & More
August 12 @ 1:00 pm - August 16 @ 4:00 pm$350.00
Learn principles of glass flameworking all the way through to finishing your own pieces.
This week-long camp (5 half-days) starts with safety and ends with students creating their own finished pieces.
Students will explore:
- Properties of hot and cold glass
- The science and safety of managing the “torch”
- How to melt glass in an open flame
- Ways to interpret the movement and color of glass
- The art and science of bead making, marble making and glass sculpting
- How to use various tools, materials and other factors to create flameworked pieces.
You’ll take home one or more pieces made by your hands!
- No experience required.
- Ages 10 and older.
- Maximum 3 Students.
- 3-hour class from 1-4pm each day.
As of July 3, space is still available.
*** SPECIAL OFFER***
Up to $75 off camp tuition!
- Get $50 off for enrolling a student in our morning glass blowing and afternoon flameworking classes in the same week for a full day of glass working!
- Recommend a friend who registers and both you and the friend get $25 off!
Contact Salt & Sand for details: firstname.lastname@example.org, (802)583-2559
About the instructor: Spencer Kirk-Jackson has been blowing glass for over a decade as well as flameworking and teaching for nearly the same. His glass working skill and talent for art, problem solving, and guiding others to learn and do are an uncommon combination. He takes safety very seriously while also having a fantastic sense of humor.
DISCOVER. LEARN. CREATE. PRACTICE. SHARE JOY.