- This event has passed.
Herbal Feast of the Senses Workshop/Farm Tour with Vermont Food & Farm Tours
June 17, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm$99.00
Step into a magical world of medicinal herbs and flowers with Vermont Food & Farm Tours at Heidi’s Tea House. You won’t find totally manicured garden beds but instead a wonderful intentional wildness to Heidi’s herbal garden. This woman knows plants. She used to own an herbal store on Martha’s Vineyard Island and lovingly incorporates them into her every day life. The plants look happy, as though they are smiling. It smells fresh, clean, and beautifully aromatic-especially in her apothecary loaded with all kinds of herbs, teas, tinctures, balms, essential oils and flower essences. It feels like you are stepping back in time to visit a wise woman’s healing space.
After arriving, we will sip some herbal tea together and get to know each other a bit, then wander through Heidi’s medicinal herb garden and sample various plants. Find out what healing they offer. Your senses will come alive as you smell, taste, touch, look and listen. Learn how to make an herbal product or food dish. Take something home. The food that Heidi creates with herbs will make your taste buds dance. Besides being delicious they are also healing. An herbal inspired organic lunch is provided. Four Hours. Sample menu- you will be eating some of the following:
- Rose scented geranium cake and muffins
- Rosemary and pansy infused in white grape juice (nice in wine too when you get home)
- Savory sand crumble (feels like sand but tastes delicious on salads, rice, soup….and so good for you!)
- Trout lily ringing the salad bowel with dandelion greens and Violet leaves in the center served with Herbal vinegar
- Herb infused honey (come make your own)
- Harvest collection and getting ready to make remedies
- Burdock Sprouts!?
- Nettles out of the freezer, melting a beautiful nutrient rich green water… for the spring green soup
- Rhubarb cooked down with a little water and honey flavored with sweet cicely and lemon balm.