- This event has passed.
Make a Holiday Ornament – Glass Blowing for All Ages
December 14, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
One event on December 14, 2019 at 10:00 am
One event on December 21, 2019 at 10:00 am
It’s a Makers’, Artists’ and “Blown Away” Lovers’ Delight!
Create your own hand-blown glass ornament
Family and friends’ fun for (almost) all ages.
Whether you’ve previously blown glass, tried your hand at one of our other seasonal events, loved the Netflix series Blown Away, or simply always wondered what it’s like to work with hot glass, this is your event. People of all ages work with our seasoned glass blowing teacher to create one or more glass ornaments.
- Select your colors (there are many choices!)
- Team up to apply the color to hot glass and blow a bubble to achieve a sphere
- Shape the glass using various surfaces and tools
- Watch our expert add a hook to hang your creation
Voila! You’ve made a glass ornament!
- Your ornament is gently placed in a kiln to cool down overnight
- Pick up your carefully wrapped ornament the next day (or 2), unwrap and share the joy!
- Shipping available*
Give this event as a gift, give your ornament as a gift, and feel free to purchase another art or functional object from our gallery, or a gift certificate for friend or family.
Just 15 minutes and $25 per ornament
- No experience required
- 15-minute drop-in (though registration recommended)
- Under 16 requires a parent or guardian
- Recommended for ages 5 to almost-forever, though we have accommodated younger children with an adjusted process
Join us one or more of these Saturdays, sometime between 10am & 4pm
Each 15-minute sessions can yield 2 ornaments (created by 2 different people or 2 created by you)
- November 30th
- December 14th
- December 21st
Registration recommended, though not required.
Psssst … Look for special pop-up yoga classes on these days as well!
*Shipping fees added to the $25 ornament making fee.
Salt & Sand Studios, Warren, VT – right across from Warren Falls. Look for the bright blue and green house! Just minutes from & to Sugarbush.