- This event has passed.
Make Your Own Glass Ornament
December 22, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 4:30 pm$25.00
It’s back! You CAN Make Your Own Hand Blown Glass Ornament before Christmas! We’ve added an Ornaments Day following the vibe of the Valley from our Country Christmas event.
This almost-last-minute ornament making day is here at our glass blowing school. And it gives you the chance to make a gift for someone: grandparents, teachers, parents, friends, siblings … even make one for yourself!
So drop-in or reserve your space. No experience required. Just a curiosity, about 20 minutes, $25, follow the instructions of our glass blowing teacher, Spencer Kirk-Jackson and you’ll have an ornament in the oven (annealer) ready to pick up the next day!
Here’s how it works:
- Stop by or reserve your space
- Receive an overview and brief tour of the Hot Shop School
- Select your colors
- Have a seat at the bench where Spencer guides you to make the ornament
- Watch the ornament be removed from the “stick”
- Watch a hook being added to your ornament
- See the ornament delivered into the oven
- Applaud yourself and jump with joy
- Team up with others if you’d like too!
- Return the next day to pick up your ornament
You CAN do it – Make Your Own Hand Blown Glass!
8 years old and up.
All participants 13 years old and up receive $5 off a yoga class at 9am Saturday the 22nd or 8:30am Sunday the 23rd. If you’d like to try/practice yoga Saturday evening, a special evening class can be accommodated, provided there are 3 or more people.
Discover. Learn. Practice. Create. Find joy.
For some cool i nfo on Salt & Sand Studios, check out this article.