4th of July
Fireworks are ON
But it is going to be a little different this year!
On Saturday, July 4th there will be a Socially Distanced Drive-in Style Event to Benefit the Mad River Valley Community Fund. You’ll have plenty of elbow room so kick back and enjoy the show along with a simulcasted musical program<Linked>.
In collaboration with the Mad River Valley Community Fund, we will be asking guests for a suggested donation of $20 / car load. Over the last two months, the MRV Community Fund has given $140,000 in grants to 200 local families.
The event will be held at Lincoln Peak in Warren, Vermont. The Fireworks will be shot from a spot that guests will be able to spectate from their parked cars in these lots.
- Parking lots will be emptied by 6 PM and will remain closed until the event begins
- Follow signs and volunteer attendants on where to park
- We plan to open the lots at approximately 7:30 PM to begin loading
- Park. Watch. Leave. (Loitering, tailgating and/or hanging out before or after will not be permitted in the lots)
- Guests are encouraged to come only with members of their own households
- Cars will be parked in single rows (no bumper-to-bumper), in every other space
- Approximately 500 spots will be available
Event Details / Guest Rules
- When registering for the event, guests will need to confirm that on event day they will have met the Vermont Cross State Travel Requirements.
- On day of event, guests displaying respiratory symptoms will be asked to remain home. This will also be asked by Parking Attendants on the night of.
- Social distancing and face covering usage will be encouraged.
- Guests will be asked to remain in their parking space for the duration of the event. We will allow one chair per person to be set up immediately adjacent to the car. Guests will be asked to remain within close proximity to their vehicle.
- We are hoping to collaborate with our local public access television station to allow for live streaming of the event and/or our local public radio to allow guests to tune in.
- Guests may bring their own food/drink or local take-out. However, cookouts, tents, balls, frisbees, etc. will not be permitted.
- Trash/recycling will not be provided so guests will be required to pack-in/pack-out.
- No Pets or Sparklers will be allowed.
- Guests will be asked to use restroom facilities prior to the event but we do plan to have a couple of Port-o-lets on site for emergency purposes. Lodges will remain closed. Face coverings will be required to use Port-o-lets.
- Volunteers will remain in the lots for the duration of the event to help educate/remind guests on these rules.
- As soon as the fireworks display is over, guests will be asked to promptly clean up their parking spaces, pack-out all trash, load their vehicles and prepare to depart. No loitering or tail gating will be permitted. We anticipate the fireworks display concluding around 9:45 – 10:00 PM and the parking lots emptying within thirty minutes thereafter.
Live Streamed on WMRW – Live Music???<Linked>
Dinner & Fireworks Special at Valley Restaurants – Reserve Here!<Linked>
Remote Viewing Options – Donate Here!<Linked>
Shopper’s Program for Quarantining Visitors<Linked>