SUGARBUSH FESTIVAL OF LIGHTS' MAD RIVER VALLEY MEMORY TREE
The Mad River Valley Memory Tree stands as a bright and beautiful symbol of those we remember, honor, and celebrate this holiday season -- and always.
New in 2018, the Sugarbush Festival of Lights is invigorating the Memory Tree, and making it and its sentiment a central part of the celebration of community and camaraderie in this special part of Vermont.
Here's how it works:
- Members of the community are encouraged to dedicate a light(s) in memory of, in honor of, and/or in celebration of a loved one or event, or anything close to your heart.
- Light dedications are $5 per light, in the form of a donation to the 2018 Sugarbush Festival of Lights charity of choice -- Vermont Adaptive Ski & Sports.
- All donations will be matched by the Winthrop H. Smith Jr. Family Foundation. So your $5 donation turns into $10 for Vermont Adaptive!*
- To dedicate light(s), you have 2 choices:
1. download this form (.pdf, .doc), fill it out, and return it to the Mad River Valley Chamber of Commerce, with your cash or check (written to Vermont Adaptive Ski & Sports): by mail at PO Box 173, Waitsfield VT 05673, or in person at the MRV Visitor Center, 4403 Main Street at Bridge Street, Waitsfield.
2. click on this link to make your dedication and donation online.
- Please make your dedication and donations by Monday, December 17.
- Questions should be directed to Ginger Berkelhamer at email@example.com or 802-496-3460.
Then, JOIN US for
The First Annual
MAD RIVER VALLEY MEMORY TREE LIGHTING CEREMONY
a part of the Sugarbush Festival of Lights
all are welcome
Thursday, December 20
Mad River Valley Memory Tree
located next to TD Bank, 5070 Main Street, Waitsfield
At the ceremony, the tree will light up the Valley, sentiments of memory, honor and celebration will be shared, and all light dedications will be read. Following the ceremony, head up to Rumble's Kitchen at Sugarbush for the Festival of Lights Holiday Party. More details here.
The Mad River Valley Memory Tree is sponsored by the Winthrop H. Smith Jr. Family Foundation.
*Vermont Adaptive has an anonymous donor matching all donations to them right now. So, actually, your $5 light dedication turns into $20 by the time Vermont Adaptive gets it! So much impact!