Mother’s Day in the MRV
Mother’s Day is coming up on May 8th and the Mad River Valley’s retailers, makers, restaurants and other businesses are coming together to celebrate. You are encouraged to explore the MRV’s nooks, crannies and neighborhoods to discover the pefect gift for Mom. There are so many great options to consider and it’s another great opportunity to “Buy Local”and support our local business community! Here are just a few suggestions to consider:
Flowers & Sweets
- Mother’s Day wouldn’t be complete without sweets and flowers. Vee’s Flower & Garden Shop can create the perfect bouquet. . You can also pop into the Mad River Taste Place or at Mehuron’s Market and grab beautiful locally grown tulips from Von Trapp Flowers. Visit Bridges Street and pick up a bunch of super-fun Mother’s Day confections from The Sweet Spot.
Local Gift Ideas
- Is Mom a reader? How about the latest book from The Tempest Book Shop? They have over 10,000 to choose from and can special order anything!
- Blockhouse Studio has a carefully curated selection of items for Mom in their beautifully merchandised Studio Shop.
- Forage and Finery in Warren Village offers uniquely crafted products that are carefully curated, high quality, one of a kind goods that any Mom would love.
- Lawson’s Finest Liquids offers many a gift idea for beer loving Mom’s out there. A carefully curated case of beer, some sweet Lawson’s merch, or an afternoon in the tap room are just a few options. Can’t decide? Do them all, Mom will love you for it.
- Atelier 101, the MRV’s newest pottery studio and ceramics gallery has a wide variety of gift ideas for the one you love.
- Three Buds Apothecary has beautiful candles, essential oils, aroma therapy, botanical skin serum, bath salts and arousal oils are all terrific Mother’s Day gift idea.
- Artisan’s Gallery has lots of ideas for Mom such as; candles, cards and blown glass hearts along with cards, pillows, socks and more.
- 4orty Bridge offers a carefully curated collection of sophisticated and fun casual wear for Mom. They also have some cool cards and tea towels from A Wink Designs
- Outdoor gear for all season at Clearwater Sports.
- Mad River Taste Place is the perfect place to get a gift basket for foodie Moms. There are lots of indulgent treats to consider; local cheese, maple syrup, chocolates, craft beer, Mad River Distillers liquors, smoked meats, and an endless array of other Vermont specialty foods. The best part is that the busy bees at the Taste Place will create gorgeous gift baskets and will ship them anywhere.
- Coffee is always a great gift and lots of it is being roasted right here in the MRV. You can get a subscription of locally from KS Coffee or grab a pound from Awake Coffee. Can’t decide? Get a gift certificate at Three Mountain Cafe and let Mom decide.
- Skis, snowboards, boots, stylish apparel, toasty gloves, ski and snow board accessories, foot beds and more are available at Splinters Board Shop Vermont North Ski Shop or at Alpine Options.
- The Collection offers a ton of gift ideas for Moms from jewelry and games to housewares and clothing. They also have super-fun balloons and tabletop balloon bouquet
- Tools from Bisbees Hardware are always appreciated by the handy Mom’s out there.
- Lots of great gift ideas Upstairs at The Warren Store.
- Unique folk-art at Troy Kingsbury Lamp Loft at the Village Grocery. Yup you can buy art, grab lunch and get your gas all in the same place!
- Hand-painted gift of your pet created by Gaelic at All Things Bright and Beautiful.
- The MRV’s two re-sale shops, Someday Boutique in Warren Village and the Green Closet on Bridge Street are awesome places to shop for Mom or score a gift certificate so she can shop on her own.
- Curated Vermont gift baskets from the Mad River Taste Place.
- Product Think Tank has lots of great locally designed clothing that would be perfect for Mom.
- The Mad River Fiber Mill features gorgeous locally produced yarns and rug hooking supplies for the fiber artist in your life.
- Hand-blown and sculptural glass at Mad River Glass.
- Custom embroidery from Whippletree Designs.
- Beautiful artwork from Art in the Village.
- Amazing original paintings or fine art photography from Moosewalk Studios.
- An every other week subscription of cold-pressed, raw, and unpasteurized juice from Root Juice would make for a unique and special gift idea for the health conscious love of your life. They’ll be starting up this exciting new service in March. Stay tuned for details.
A special dinner out (or take-out in) at one of our amazing eateries is a perfect way to honor Mom. Check out what the restaurants of the Mad River Valley have planned for the big night.
Mother’s Day can be a busy restaurant night so why not consider impressing Mom with a home-cooked meal and these fine MRV establishments are at your service:
- Kitchenen-ette offers fool proof meal kits that will make life wicked easy for you to serve up a special feast for Mom.
- Fabulous fish can be had at Sugar Fish and Suzi and Bob would be happy to share some of their favorite recipes.
- The Mad River Taste Place is THE place to get (and taste) all the best local foods from many of our local makers.
- Lawson’s Finest Liquids’ Taproom is a terrific place to take Mom out on this special day.
- The Warren Store and Paradise Provisions have a wide array of great prepared meals and sides to make your special day complete. Don’t forget the East Warren Community Market, they have lots of amazing take-out options to choose from.
- Glassblowing class at Salt and Sand Studios or you can create glass hearts and flowers to give to Mom.
- Glider ride gift certificates from Sugarbush Soaring can be life changing experience!
- Arrange for an outdoor adventure with Clearwater Sports, Country Mile Vermont or Umiak Outfitters.
- Give a gift certificate for a relaxing massage at Mad River Massage.
- Classes at Zoe’s Pilates
- Trail ride from Vermont Icelandic Horse Farm is an amazing way to see the MRV.
- Classes at the Yestermorrow Design & Build School.
- Mountain Rose Yoga is always a welcome gift option with lots of options in their retail shop or gift certificates for yoga sessions.
- A getaway at one of the MRV’s fabulous Lodging Properties.
- A weaving, spinning or felting workshop at the Mad River Fiber Mill is an awesome, unique and special gift idea.
- Membership or classes at Blockhouse Studio, the Valley’s community clay studio.
- Subscription to the Valley Reporter.
- Gift certificate to one of the MRV’s fine eateries would warm Mom’s heart.
- Golf lessons or a membership at Sugarbush.
- A year-long subscription to all the productions at The Valley Players
- Nothing says love more than properly protecting your family’s home and auto with insurance from Jamieson’s Insurance or Paige & Campbell Insurance. 🙂