MRV Responds to COVID-19
Greetings MRV residents, visitors and folks with a connection to our community,
The on-going pandemic is serious business and the Mad River Valley is responding in the way we always deal with adversity, as a tight-knit community. The action taken by our community is truly inspiring. We here at the MRV Chamber see our role as providing leadership, a communication platform and support to our community. As a business organization we are here to help in any way that we can.
Actions to Date
- Created a page outlining the status of our local businesses
- On-going communication with local business owners via email, social media, phone and in-person.
- Working with our local legislators, Maxine Grad and Kari Dolan as a conduit to disseminate information .
- Anticipating hardship from many local workers, we reached out to the MRV Community Fund to coordinate our efforts.
- Helping to spread the word on the emerginging volunteer network – Sign up to volunteer now!
- Collaborating with the Vermont SBA office in Montpelier to determine what is available to businesses from the federal level.
- Temporarily closed down the Chamber office to visitors. We will be working from home. Cancelled all chamber meetings; Mingles, Business Education and Coffee & Conversations.
- We are encouraging the continued patronage of local businesses as best we can. We encourage you to purchase gift certificate for local businesses you know you will frequent in the future to help provide some much needed cash flow. We have some other ideas in the works too and are open to more.
- We are utilizing this period of time to plan for the Valley to re-emerge after the crisis passes. Whenever it is we need to be ready to hit the ground running.
Eric & Ginger