3′ Star Kit
Over the past 15 years or so beautifully lit stars have become a ubiquitous feature around the Mad River Valley. Over the years, momentum for the stars grew organically and the numbers increased. After a tragic accident took the lives of five local kids in 2016, the stars took on a more special meaning as they began appearing in groups of five. Today, a collaborative of local students, businesses, citizens and the Chamber of Commerce have come together to create and sell “Star Kits” with all proceeds going to a great cause.
Each kit has everything necessary to create a star. It includes five sturdy, pre-drilled cross sticks, all necessary hardware, a set of lights and a wicked cool MRV sticker . See this directions video to see how easy they are to build!
You will be able to pick up your star kits at the Mad River Valley Chamber of Commece’s Welcome Center starting on Monday Novermber 21st. If you have any questions email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All proceeds going to non-profits involved in honoring and remembering the five lives lost.
- Cyrus Zschau L.I.F.T.- The goal of L.I.F.T. is to inspire students and create lasting change by broadening their horizons through world travel and to foster a strong connection with other cultures
- Janie Cozzi Foundation-The Janie Chase Cozzi Foundation promotes mentoring programs and provides financial support for middle school and high school girls in the areas of education, leadership, global awareness, arts, and athletics.
- Eli Brookens Memorial Fund- The Eli Brookens Memorial Fund is used to fund scholarships for middle schoolers to participate in a ski and ride program, something that meant so much to Eli
- Mary Harris Girls Youth Soccer Day- Scholarship named in honor of Mary that will help young athletes play and compete in Mad River Valley Youth Soccer
- Liam Hale Adventure Scholarship – Offers unlimited skiing and riding, golf, mountain biking, health and recreation center access at Sugarbush Resort