6′ Star Kit
Over the past couple of decades beautifully lit stars have become a ubiquitous feature around the Mad River Valley. Initially momentum for the stars grew organically and the numbers increased. After a tragic crash took the lives of five local kids in 2016, the stars took on a more special meaning in our community. They began appearing in groups of five to remember their lives, as well as bringing the MRV together in support of one another, adding to the connection that everyone shares. Today, a collaborative of local students, businesses, citizens and the Chamber of Commerce have come together to create and sell “Star Kits” with all proceeds going to the foundations created in their memory..
Each kit has everything necessary to create a star. It includes five sturdy, pre-drilled cross sticks, all necessary hardware, a set of lights and a wicked cool MRV sticker . See this directions video to see how easy they are to build!
You can pick up your star kits at the Mad River Valley Chamber of Commerce’s Welcome Center located at 9 Route 17 in Waitsfield Vermont (at the corner of Routes 100 and 17). If you have any questions email email@example.com.
All proceeds go to non-profits involved in honoring and remembering the five lives lost.
- Cyrus Zschau L.I.F.T.- The goal of L.I.F.T. is to inspire students and create lasting change by broadening their horizons through world travel and to foster a strong connection with other cultures
- Janie Cozzi Foundation-The Janie Chase Cozzi Foundation promotes mentoring programs and provides financial support for middle school and high school girls in the areas of education, leadership, global awareness, arts, and athletics.
- Eli Brookens Memorial Fund- The Eli Brookens Memorial Fund is used to fund scholarships for middle schoolers to participate in a ski and ride program, something that meant so much to Eli
- Mary Harris Girls Youth Soccer Day- Scholarship named in honor of Mary that will help young athletes play and compete in Mad River Valley Youth Soccer
- Liam Hale Adventure Scholarship – Offers unlimited skiing and riding, golf, mountain biking, health and recreation center access at Sugarbush Resort