With unemployment rates at historically low levels filling job openings is one of the biggest issues facing local business owners. This is not a shocking development and the Mad River Valley is obviously not alone in facing this problem as was validated in a recent Seven Days story.
In an effort to aid our business community in solving this critical issue your Mad River Valley Chamber of Commerce is collaborating with the Central Vermont Economic Development Corporation to host a winter season job fair. The event will take place on Friday, October 11th at Crossett Brook Middle School.
While local businesses are able to rent a table at the event we know that many of our chamber member businesses can’t take a day off to staff a table at a job fair. So YOUR chamber’s plan is to rent a table of our own under the Mad River Valley banner. We ask that you provide us with a list of job openings and we will do our best to match them up with the job seekers that stop by our table. We are not sure how this effort will work out but we want to do all we can to support you in dealing with this most critical issue.
The Job Fair is an opportunity for you to meet potential new hires, receive new resumes, distribute job applications, and effectively and efficiently fill open positions!
- Morning refreshments, lunch, and afternoon beverages and refreshments will be provided to registered vendors for up to 2 people.
- The Job Fair will be open to job seekers from 10:00 – 3:00 with a separate room for vendors to take a break.
- Please make arrangements for coverage at your table at all times during the Fair. Job Fair staff will be available for limited coverage during breaks and lunch.
- Space is available for employers to conduct on-site interviews.
- Wi-Fi access will be provided to employers who wish to offer online application opportunities.
- Computers will be available to Job Seekers at a Job Seeker Support booth to complete and submit online job applications.
Please feel free to contact CVEDC at 802-223-4654 or Info@cvedc.org with any questions