Stand Up For Safety
In the Mad River Valley, we believe that everyone deserves to be safe from harm. We as a community are standing up to ensure safety of all who live here and visit.
Whether you are a resident, visitor or second homeowner the Mad River Valley community cares about you. Below you will find a list of helpful resources if you are a victim of crime and need help.
MRV CARES does NOT provide direct services. Please see list below to find the right help for you.
If you are in danger:
Call 911 or text VT to 741741
For support in the Mad River Valley:
For support in Vermont visit the VT Network site to find the crisis center in your county:
- Website: VERMONT NETWORK
- Call: Sexual Violence Hotline 800-489-7273
- Call: Domestic Violence Hotline 800-228-7395
Abuse in your family or with a partner?
- Website: National Domestic Violence Hotline Call: 1-800-799-SAFE
- National Domestic Violence Hotline (Spanish) 1-800-942-6908
Were you sexually assaulted?
- Website: Rape Abuse Incest National Network – RAINN Hotline Call:1-800-656-HOPE
Are you in a violent relationship?
- Call: National Dating Abuse Hotline: 1-866-331-9474
Are you a member of the LGBTQIA who has experienced harm?
- Call: LGBT National Hotline: 1-888-8434564
Are you being forced to do anything you do not want to do? Have you been threatened if you try to leave? Are you being held captive? Have you witnessed young children being prostituted?
- Website: National Human Trafficking Hotline Call:1-888-373-7888
Have you experienced a hate crime?
- Website: Southern Poverty Law Center Call: 1-888-414-7752
Is someone stalking you?
- Website: Safe Horizon Call: 1-866-689-HELP
Not Sure of the Support you Need?
- Website: Victim Connect Call: 1-855-4-VICTIM
Are you in the military and need HELP?
- Website: Safe Helpline Call:877-995-5247
Are you a male survivor?
Are you considering Suicide?
- Website: Suicide Hotline Call: 1-800-SUICIDE (784-2433)/1-800-273-TALK (8255)
MRV CARES is a collaboration of the Mad River Valley Chamber of Commerce, Sugarbush, Mad River Glen, Stand Up Resources, and Lawson’s Finest Liquids. Collectively as a community they decided to stand up to gender base violence, and work towards creating a safer community.
They are achieving this goal by:
- Creating signage that creates a community statement of safety.
- Providing resources to report or gain support for victims and survivors of gender-based crimes.
- Bringing in the training for businesses and staff by Anna Nasset of Stand Up Resources.
Thanks to our Stand Up For Safety Program Sponsors
And the Members of the Mad River Valey Chamber of Commerce