Mad River Valley Travel Update
The Mad River Valley is open for business and welcoming visitors while using an abundance of caution to keep everyone safe. Please view the following guidelines before visiting the MRV.
What do you need to know before you go?
There are currently travel restrictions in place for out-of-state residents coming to Vermont. Please check Vermont Cross State Travel Guidelines for more information.
Can I travel to the MRV ? What are Vermont’s quarantine restrictions?
There are currently travel restrictions in place for out-of-state residents coming to Vermont. Please check Vermont Cross State Travel Guidelines for information regarding your county of origin to act accordingly.
- Anyone returning or traveling to Vermont must follow Vermont’s mandatory quarantine policy. Vermonters returning from an out-of-state trip must complete either a 14-day quarantine or a 7-day quarantine followed by a negative test.
- Vermonters must remember to follow any travel restrictions and quarantine requirements for the states they plan to visit.
- Residents of other states must adhere to the quarantine guidelines:
- Travelers arriving to Vermont in a personal vehicle must complete either a 14-day quarantine or a 7-day quarantine followed by a negative test in their home state and enter Vermont without further quarantine restrictions.
- Travelers arriving to Vermont who have not completed a pre-arrival quarantine must complete either a 14-day quarantine or a 7-day quarantine followed by a negative test in a Vermont lodging establishment or with friends and family (travelers must stay in their quarantine location for the duration of quarantine other than to travel to and from a test site).
- Read more about quarantining at the Vermont Department of Health website.
- All out of state travelers utilizing lodging, camping and short-term rental properties in Vermont must sign and complete a Certificate of Compliance or affirm a compliance statement via a digital check box at the time of reservation and check-in to attest that they meet the quarantine requirement or are an essential/authorized worker.
- All out of state travelers are strongly encouraged to register with Sara Alert upon arrival to Vermont to get two weeks of daily reminders to check for common symptoms of COVID-19.
What should you expect when you arrive in the MRV?
Businesses are open at reduced capacity and with increased safety measures in place. You should expect to wear a face mask, face masks are required when in the presence of others in public spaces. Please note that his is a state-wide mandate.