Celebrate Valentine’s Day the MRV Way
Love is clearly in the air here in the Mad River Valley. If you are looking for a way to express your love to your partner this year the MRV has so many great options to consider and it’s another great opportunity to “Buy Local”and support our local business community! The gift of a local “experience”, a special meal at one of our amazing restaurants or a one-of-a-kind gift from a MRV retailer. Here are just a few suggestions to consider:
Flowers & Sweets
- Valentine’s Day wouldn’t be complete without sweets and flowers. Vee’s Flower & Garden Shop can create the perfect bouquet for your sweetie. Order flowers by Thursday the 11th and you’ll also get a free single rose for your sweetheart. You can also pop into the Mad River Taste Place and grab beautiful locally grown tulips from Von Trapp Flowers. Pop on down to Bridges Street and grab a bunch of super-fun Valentines Day cookies from The Sweet Spot.
A romantic dinner out (or take-out in) at one of our amazing eateries is the classic way to celebrate Valentine’s Day. Check out what the restaurants of the Mad River Valley have planned for the big night.
- Looking for a really unique dining experience? What could be more romantic than a special Valentine’s Day Prix Fixe Dinner at Tucker Hill Inn?
- Take your sweetie out for a Valentine’s Day Dinner at Sage Restaurant
- Toast & Eggs will be offering a special Valentine’s Day Prix Fixe dinner.
Valentine’s can be a busy restaurant night so why not consider impressing your darling with a home-cooked meal and these fine MRV establishments are at your service:
- Kitchenen-ette offers fool proof meal kits that will make life wicked easy for you to serve up a special holiday feast.
- Fabulous fish can be had at Sugar Fish and Suzi and Bob would be happy to share some of their favorite recipes.
- The Mad River Taste Place is THE place to get (and taste) all the best local foods from many of our local makers.
- The Warren Store and Paradise Provisions have a wide array of great prepared meals and sides to make your special day complete. Don’t forget the East Warren Community Market, they have lots of amazing take-out options to choose from.
- Glassblowing class at Salt and Sand Studios.
- Glider ride gift certificates from Sugarbush Soaring can be life changing experience!
- Take a guided snowshoe adventure at Mad River Glen or an outdoor adventure with Country Mile Vermont or Umiak Outfitters.
- Give a gift certificate for a relaxing massage at Mad River Massage.
- Classes at Zoe’s Pilates
- Dog sled trail ride with October Siberian
- Trail ride from Vermont Icelandic Horse Farm is an amazing way to see the MRV.
- Classes at the Yestermorrow Design & Build School.
- Mountain Rose Yoga is always a welcome gift option with lots of options in their retail shop or gift certificates for yoga sessions.
- Romantic getaway at one of the MRV’s fabulous Lodging Properties.
- A fiber arts workshop at the Mad River Fiber Mill is an awesome, unique and special gift idea for the craft love of your life.
- Membership at Blockhouse Studio, the Valley’s community clay studio.
- Subscription to the Valley Reporter.
- Gift certificate to one of the MRV’s fine eateries would warm the heart of anyone.
- Ski or Snowboard lessons at Mad River Glen or Sugarbush.
- Cross Country ski pass to Blueberry Lake or Ole’s.
- A weaving, spinning or felting workshop at the Mad River Fiber Mill.
- A year-long subscription to all the productions at The Valley Players
- Nothing says love more than properly protecting your family’s home and auto with insurance from Jamieson’s Insurance or Paige & Campbell Insurance. 🙂
Other Local Gift Ideas
- Is your love a reader? How about the latest book from The Tempest Book Shop? They have over 10,000 to choose from and can special order anything!
- Atelier 101, the MRV’s newest potter studio and ceramics gallery has a wide variety of gift ideas for the one you love.
- Three Buds Apothecary has beautiful candles, essential oils, aroma therapy, botanical skin serum, bath salts and arousal oils, the perfect Valentine’s Day gift idea.
- Artisan’s Gallery has lots of ideas for your sweetie such as; candles, cards and blown glass hearts along with cards, pillows, socks, special Valentine chocolates.
- 4orty Bridge offers a carefully curated collection of sophisticated and fun casual wear for the woman in your life. They also have some cool Valentines Day cards from A Wink Designs
Outdoor gear for all season at Clearwater Sports.
- Mad River Taste Place is the perfect place to get a gift basket for the foodie in your life. There are lots of indulgent treats to consider; local cheese, mape syrup, choclates, craft beer, Mad River Distillers liquors, smoked meats, and an endless array of other Vermont specialty foods. The best part is that the busy bees at the Taste Place will create gorgeous gift baskets and will ship tehm anywhere.
- Coffee is always a great gift and lots of it is being roasted right here in the MRV. You can get a subscription of locally from KS Coffee or grab a pound from Awake Coffee. Can’t decide? Get a gift certificate at Three Mountain Cafe and let your loved on decide.
- Skis, boots, stylish apparel, toasty gloves, ski accessories, foot beds and more are available at Alpine Options.
- The Collection sees Valentine’s Day being more of a family celebration this year and there are gift ideas for everyone from jewelry and games to housewares and clothing. They also have tons of Valentines balloons and tabletop balloon bouquets too.
- Tools from Bisbees Hardware are always appreciated by the handy folks in your life.
- Lots of great gift ideas Upstairs at The Warren Store.
- Unique folk-art at Troy Kingsbury Lamp Loft at the Village Grocery. Yup you can buy art, grab lunch and get your gas all in the same place!
- Hand-painted gift of your pet created by Gaelic at All Things Bright and Beautiful.
- Green Closet Gift Certificates are perfect if you just don’t know what she’ll like.
- Curated Vermont gift baskets from the Mad River Taste Place.
- Product Think Tank has lots of great locally designed clothing for both men and women.
- The Mad River Fiber Mill features gorgeous locally produced yarns and rug hooking supplies for the fiber artist in your life.
- Hand-blown and sculptural glass at Mad River Glass.
- Custom embroidery from Whippletree Designs. .Anyone who likes the Whippletree Designs Facebook or starts following on Instagram – Heidi will take contact information and one lucky winner will receive a $25 Gift Certificate – to use immediately (for their Valentine) or as a gift certificate.
- Beautiful artwork from Art in the Village.
- Amazing original paintings or fine art photography from Moosewalk Studios.
- An every other week subscrition of cold-pressed, raw, and unpasteurized juice from Root Juice would make for a unique and special gift idea for the health concious love of your life. They’ll be starting up this exciting new service in March. Stay tuned for details.