Valentine’s Day – The MRV Way
Love is clearly in the air here in the Mad River Valley. Heck we even have Mad River Romance (check out their new eBook) telling tales of love based right here in the MRV.
If you are looking for a way to express your love to your partner this year, the MRV has so many great options to consider. It’s also another great opportunity to “Buy Local”and support our local business community! The gift of a local “experience”, a special meal at one of our amazing restaurants or a one-of-a-kind gift from a MRV retailer. Here are just a few suggestions to consider:
Flowers & Sweets
- Valentine’s Day wouldn’t be complete without sweets and flowers. Vee’s Flower & Garden Shop can create the perfect bouquet for your sweetie. Order flowers by Thursday the 11th and you’ll also get a free single rose for your sweetheart. You can also pop into the Mad River Taste Place and grab beautiful locally grown tulips from Von Trapp Flowers. Pop on down to Bridges Street and grab a bunch of super-fun Valentines Day cookies from The Sweet Spot.
A romantic dinner out (or take-out in) at one of our amazing eateries is the classic way to celebrate Valentine’s Day. Check out what the restaurants of the Mad River Valley have planned for the big night. Valentine’s can be a busy restaurant night so why not consider impressing your darling with a home-cooked meal and these fine MRV establishments are at your service:
- Kitchenen-ette offers fool proof meal kits that will make life wicked easy for you to serve up a special holiday feast.
- Fabulous fish can be had at Sugar Fish and Suzi and Bob would be happy to share some of their favorite recipes.
- The Mad River Taste Place is THE place to get (and taste) all the best local foods from many of our local makers.
- The Warren Store and Paradise Provisions have a wide array of great prepared meals and sides to make your special day complete. Don’t forget the East Warren Community Market, they have lots of amazing take-out options to choose from.
- Glassblowing class at Salt and Sand Studios.
- Glider ride gift certificates from Sugarbush Soaring can be life changing experience!
- A pack of yoga classes or a gift certificate at Mountain Rose Yoga is an impactful gift for a loved one.
- Give the git of a snowshoe trek, 0r backcountry ski tour with your honey from Clearwater Sports.
- Take a guided snowshoe adventure at Mad River Glen or an outdoor adventure with Country Mile Vermont or Umiak Outfitters.
- Give a gift certificate for a relaxing massage at Mad River Massage.
- Classes at Zoe’s Pilates
- Pottery classes with Luke Ianuzzi Pottery. His two hour wheel throwing class, including instruction and materials at the artist’s studio
- A Reflexology or Reiki session at River’s Edge Integrative Medicine could be a perfect gift for a loved one.
- Trail ride from Vermont Icelandic Horse Farm is an amazing way to see the MRV.
- Classes at the Yestermorrow Design & Build School.
- Mountain Rose Yoga is always a welcome gift option with lots of options in their retail shop or gift certificates for yoga sessions.
- Romantic getaway at one of the MRV’s fabulous Lodging Properties.
- A fiber arts workshop at the Mad River Fiber Mill is an awesome, unique and special gift idea for the craft love of your life.
- Membership at Blockhouse Studio, the Valley’s community clay studio.
- Subscription to the Valley Reporter.
- Gift certificate to one of the MRV’s fine eateries would warm the heart of anyone.
- Ski or Snowboard lessons at Mad River Glen or Sugarbush.
- Cross Country ski pass to Blueberry Lake or Ole’s.
- A weaving, spinning or felting workshop at the Mad River Fiber Mill.
- A year-long subscription to all the productions at The Valley Players
- Nothing says love more than properly protecting your family’s home and auto with insurance from Jamieson’s Insurance or Paige & Campbell Insurance. 🙂
- Skatium Season Pass for the skater in your life will be a great way to get outside this winter.
- Nothing says I love you more than a subscription to the Valley Reporter for the news junkie in your life.
Other Local Gift Ideas
- Finery is Bridge Street’s newest shop where you can commission custom jewelry by Sasha Walsh Designs along with a thoughtfully curated selection of handcrafted fine jewelry, artwork and clothing
- Is your love a reader? How about the latest book from The Tempest Book Shop? They have over 10,000 to choose from and can special order anything!
- Atelier 101, the MRV’s newest potter studio and ceramics gallery has a wide variety of gift ideas for the one you love.
- Three Buds Apothecary has beautiful candles, essential oils, aroma therapy, botanical skin serum, bath salts and arousal oils, the perfect Valentine’s Day gift idea.
- Artisan’s Gallery has lots of ideas for your sweetie such as; candles, cards and blown glass hearts along with cards, pillows, socks, special Valentine chocolates.
- , Addison West offer a beautifully curated collection of home goods, lighting, furniture, kitchen, cards, candles, apothecary, vintage items and a stunning an array of Vermont made and Vermont themed merchandise.
- Mad River Outfitters offers an array of stylish apparel, accessories, gifts and more for the adventurer, the go-getter, and the true trailblazer.
- Mad River Massage has an adorable retail shop with a beautiful selection of jewelry, soaps, cards and personal care items.
- Lawson’s Finest Liquid merch is always appreciated by the beer lovers in your life.
- 4orty Bridge offers a carefully curated collection of sophisticated and fun casual wear for the woman in your life. They also have some cool Valentines Day cards from A Wink Designs
- A romantic weekend away at one of the MRV’s fabulous Lodging Properties
Get your sweetie some outdoor clothing or gear for all season at Clearwater Sport; skis, paddle boards, kayaks, snowshoes, footwear, and a whole lot more
- Kenyon’s Variety, our locally owned hardware store and retail fixture has so many incredibly practical gift ideas to consider. Heck, if they don’t have it you don’t need it!
- Mad River Taste Place is the perfect place to get a gift basket for the foodie in your life. There are lots of indulgent treats to consider; local cheese, maple syrup, chocolates, craft beer, Mad River Distillers liquors, smoked meats, and an endless array of other Vermont specialty foods. The best part is that the busy bees at the Taste Place will create gorgeous gift baskets and will ship them anywhere.
- Coffee is always a great gift and lots of it is being roasted right here in the MRV. You can get a subscription of locally from KS Coffee or grab a pound from Awake Coffee. Can’t decide? Get a gift certificate at Three Mountain Cafe and let your loved on decide.
- Skis, boots, stylish apparel, toasty gloves, ski accessories, foot beds and more are available at Alpine Options.
- The Collection has so much for Valentine’s Day and they see it as a family celebration. There are gift ideas for everyone from jewelry and games to housewares and clothing. They also have tons of Valentines balloons and tabletop balloon bouquets too.
- Tools from Bisbees Hardware are always appreciated by the handy folks in your life.
- Lots of great gift ideas Upstairs at The Warren Store.
- Unique folk-art at Troy Kingsbury Lamp Loft at the Village Grocery. Yup you can buy art, grab lunch and get your gas all in the same place!
- Vermont North Ski Shop has a wide variety of hard and soft goods for the skier in your life. They share the parking lot with Splinters Board Shop, Central Vermont’s premier snowboard and skate shop. If you have a rider that you love, Travis will set you right up with a perfect Valentine’s gift..
- Hand-painted gift of your pet created by Gaelic at All Things Bright and Beautiful.
- Mad River Eye Care gift ideas include prescription ski goggle inserts and sunglasses. Not sure what to get? No worries as as gift certificates are also available.
- Green Closet Gift Certificates are perfect if you just don’t know what she’ll like.
- Curated Vermont gift baskets from the Mad River Taste Place.
- Product Think Tank has lots of great locally designed natural fiber clothing and accessories with designs for both men and women.
- The Mad River Fiber Mill features gorgeous locally produced yarns and rug hooking supplies for the fiber artist in your life.
- Hand-blown and sculptural glass at Mad River Glass.
- Get some sweet Vermont and MRV themed apparel, gifts, and home décor from Whippletree Designs.
- Beautiful artwork from Art in the Village.
- Amazing original paintings or fine art photography from Moosewalk Studios.
- An every other week subscription of cold-pressed, raw, and unpasteurized juice from Root Juice would make for a unique and special gift idea for the health conscious love of your life.