Become a MRV Ambassador
The Mad River Valley Welcome Center is operated by the MRV Chamber of Commerce. It’s purpose is to help visitors from all over the world find their way around the Valley and to make the most of their visit. Countless people stop by the Welcome Center every year and with the our move to our new location on the corner of Routes 100 and 17 we expect that the numbers will increase exponentially. Our community is excited to have this new resource and we need your help to ensure its success. We hope that you will consider volunteering at the Mad River Valley Welcome Center.
As a volunteer, you will have the opportunity to greet visitors and answer their questions about the area. You will also have the chance to provide recommendations on places to eat, things to see and do, and more. Volunteering at the Welcome Center is a great way to get involved in the community and meet new people. The best part is that you can commit to as few as two hours a week. Our volunteers are a diverse group that participate for various reasons. They include;
- Remote workers that want to get out of their homes and work in a different location, see other human beings and share their knowledge of the MRV.
- Members of local non-profit partners that want to share their passion for groups like the Mad River Path, Friends of the Mad River, Mad River Riders, the MRV Backcountry Alliance and more.
- MRV business owners that want to interact with our visitors and share their knowledge.
- Retired folks looking for a way to give back to the MRV community.
- Local students wishing to do service work within their community.
We are looking for volunteers who are enthusiastic about the Mad River Valley and passionate about sharing their knowledge with others. Whether you’re a long-time resident or a recent transplant, we welcome your help and will be glad to train you. If you’re interested in learning more about volunteering at the Welcome Center, click here to let us know. We’d love to have you on board.